Annual Pawtuxet Village
October 1-31 2018
There are 16 poles available, and it’s first come first serve. You may also speak with one of the business owners about putting a scarecrow in front of their store. To adopt a pole, click on the black Scarecrow Registration button to the right, top. You can also send an E-Mail to us at: email@example.com
Some Village businesses will have their scarecrows inside their stores. Don’t be afraid to go in and take a look, visit with the store owner and #BUYLOCALRI.
• Ballots are not valid without
your full name and email or phone number.
• No ballots will be accepted by mail.
See below for contest guidelines.
Available Lamp Posts - In front of these businesses / locations:
On the Bridge East Side #1 (in front of the bench before you get to the bridge)
On the Bridge East Side #2 (just past O'Rourke's, heading North)
✔️ On the Bridge West Side #1 (in front of the purple trash can)
On the Bridge West Side #2 (at the center of the bridge)
✔️ Lovely Nails
✔️ Haven Fitness
✔️ Citizens Bank
✔️ Follow Your Arrow
✔️ Lanes on Broad
✔️ Noon Design
Pawtuxet Baptist Church
Sunoco Gas Station
✔️ Village Art & Antiques
Gulf Gas Station
Corner of Broad & Rhodes
- +► Click here for contest guidelines
- ★ You must register with us to participate. Click on the black “Scarecrow Registration” button at the top of this page, or send an E-Mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ★ Participants are responsible for providing their own material to decorate their scarecrow.
- ★ All Scarecrow entries must be completed and displayed outside and attached to the historic lanterns/light poles only on Broad Street, Pawtuxet Village during the first week of October.
- ★ Scarecrows must have signage distinguishing the owner or group, and should be prominently displayed and posted on the Scarecrow to ensure proper voting.
★ Poles are first come, first serve. Businesses are encouraged to set up the scarecrow in their door front or inside the store to allow community members to use the poles.
★ Scarecrows may be subject to severe wind and/or rain so their construction should be durable and with all ornaments securely attached.
- ★ The scarecrows should not obstruct the view of traffic.
- ★ Friends of Pawtuxet Village reserves the right to remove any entries that do not hold up to natural elements.
- ★ Applicants are encouraged to create positive, creative, and nonviolent scarecrows.
★ All Scarecrows must be removed between November 1-5.
- ★ There is no fee to enter the contest. Judging will be conducted by the public.
- ★ TO VOTE: Download a copy of the ballot below, then drop off, along with $1 at Cork & Brew (2200 Broad Street) and Twice Told Tales (2145 Broad Street) between October 1-26, 2018 (Deadline to submit is 12 noon on 10/26). The money raised will be used as a cash prize and donated to a charity selected by the “Best of Show” winner.
COME OUT AND VOTE FOR:
🎃 Best of Show • GRAND PRIZE
• Most Creative
• Best Dressed
Click below and download your ballot.